There are pieces of clothing that are total must haves, like a blazer for example. These next 7 pieces are NOTHING like that.
- Distressed (Tops/Dresses)- Unless you’re actually in distress you shouldn’t be looking like it. I really don’t know when, how and why this became a trend but when you purposely put holes in your clothing to look more ‘stylish’, then I really have to wonder if your sanity is intact. Where are you even wearing this to except for maybe Jouvert morning?
- (Faux) Fur-We live in a Tropical climate. Why do you need fur? No! you are not the girl Flo Rida was talking about. Are you not sweating in these things? As intriguing as fur may look and feel, it simply isn’t made for sweltering heat.
- Shorts unzipped & unbuttoned- is this intentional or do you require some assistance? If the pants are too small and cannot be buttoned/zipped then you shouldn’t be wearing it entirely. If however, you think it looks cute, I have news for you- it ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT. I’m so fed up of scrolling through fete pictures throughout the different fete seasons and seeing this, I immediately want to pelt away my phone or laptop.
- Lace up Bodysuits- Did you actually get dressed if it wasn’t a lace up bodysuit? Honestly speaking, my issue isn’t with the bodysuit in particular. Its that people choose to wear it every-heffin-where. I kid you not, I have seen people dressed for work in this blazer et al . Yup, we’ve gone MAD!
- Catsuit (jumpsuit)- Are you Catwoman? If you answered no, but have a Catsuit, fling it away immediately. Imagine my horror recently when I discovered a distressed catsuit. But really and truly, if you do not have a dance recital to be at, or auditioning for the role of Catwoman, please refrain from the suit.
- Too Much Body Jewelry- Picture this: a person wearing a leg chain, body chain, choker with extra hanging pieces and full arm cuff. Are you a lagahoo(loup garou)? Then you need not be dragging so many chains around. Honestly, the only person this trend works for is Dylan Lex and that’s because she makes it.
- Leggings- Once again my issue isn’t with the legging, its where and how its being worn. At work its a No No, I don’t care if its Casual Friday- cover your ass. Of course there’s an ongoing debate if leggings are real pants and yes it is, once worn ‘correctly’.
As we all know fashion fades but (personal)style is forever. So I think we should tuck these all away in the fading fashion folder and move on. For me these things are just a Big Fat
Share with me what are some of the trends you’ve had enough of!