For these past few weeks the sun is taking no prisoners with its scorching heat☀️🔥. Luckily, The Shade Shop is serving us with slaying sunnies for the blinding inferno that is the sun.
The Shade Shop is stylishly curated by a New-York based, Trinidadian CEO to bring you the latest trends and out-of-box shades to make it through these sun-shiny days! TSS began as a NY based venture that found its way back home (literally NY-> Trinidad) because, well, who needs sunglasses more than people in the Caribbean? A lot of us really have trouble finding the pair that looks great on us. That ‘someone might stop you in the street and ask you for your autograph’ kinda pair. The first step is really identifying the face shape you have to find what suits you!
There’s 4 basic shapes to know:
- Square- you have that strong movie star jawline with a wide jaw and forehead. So what’s for you? The key is finding balance in contrasting shapes, try curvier frames like round or those with rimless edges to create softer features and balance a striking jaw. Your head is already square, you don’t need square shaped sunglasses too. Round, oval, cateye and semi-rimless are great options!
- Oval- so your face is longer than it is wide. Not a problem, you can get away with both round AND square frames. Oversized frames are an absolute no as they blur out most of the face features. Proportion in this case is really what you have to keep in mind to find that perfect pair.
- Round- with lovely full cheeks and a narrower forehead/ jawline emphasized by soft features your best options are angular and geometric shapes, round shapes should be totally avoided. These angular shapes will give your face a longer, leaner look as the angles offset the fullness/ roundness . Wayfarers and those alike should be your buddies.
- Heart – you’re wider in the forehead and narrower at the chin. So, with the right proportions you can even it all out. What does that mean? Well shades with a wider top or that are upswept (like cateye sunglasses) help to elongate the face. Round shapes do the same so they should be your go to! Round, cateye aviator and rimless shapes are you friends!
By now you probably have an idea of what your shape might be and also want to get a pair that you’ve seen on this post. No worries just keep on reading!
To purchase any of the sunglasses above: Visit the shade shop on IG @TheShadeShopNYC or email firstname.lastname@example.org
✨Here are some amazing ( local) brands where you can also find those stylish sunglasses:
- Sanianitos (Trinidad) – IG @sanianitos
- Timber Wear Inc (Jamaica)- IG @timberwearinc/ timberwearinc.com