Local products are sprinkled throughout my daily routine because more and more types of products are becoming available.I am disgustingly ecstatic every time I see something new that I’ve been wanting to try and then it becomes available locally, and better yet, it’s locally made.
It goes without saying saying that I’m a sucka for all things local (that’s what this blog is focused on..right?!?!!?). So it’s only fair that I share with you the top 5 products I am absolutely loving right now.
1. Arôme Candle Company- Sometimes, I need to just sit my behind down and relax. And Arôme is making it 5 times easier for me to actually do that. With a range of scents from floral, to fruity, from coffee to outdoorsy, whichever fragrance brings peace into your life, you’re sure to find it here. It’s been only recently I’ve incorporated candles into my relaxation routine and I’m really confused as to why the heck I never did it before. And this Bamboo scent really lets me clear my head and refresh. I usually light it on the floor of room on a large tile we had from tiling our kitchen. I then lay on my bed, close my eyes, take some deep cleansing breaths and let the candle do the rest.
If you’re a lover of candles or just looking to add something new to your relaxation routines, this is surely a great place to start.
2. Organic Essence by Mel- Organic, handmade hair and skincare products? That’s right! This brand first caught my eye with their Shampoo & Conditioner bars (which I also 1000% recommend btw), but as a skincare junkie, when I saw the Rose Gold Facial Elixir I knew I just HAD to get it. Judging from my last post, you know I take my skincare very seriously and finding local products to include always get me super excited. Made with Avocado, Sweet Almond, Jojoba, Rose and Vitamin E Oils, I knew I had to get my hands on it mainly because I have dry skin and all of these ingredients are super duper for that and I must remain moisturized at all times. And, because surely, anything with gold flecks in it are a yes from me because who doesn’t like shiny things?
Anywho, since using it I’ve genuinely seen my skin improve in the way it remains moisturized (all day) and if I skip a day (because I sometimes forget) I’m not battling with dry patchy skin like I used to. And, thanks to the Vitamin E oil, there’s also less marks, I would 1000% say The Organic Essence is needed in your collection.
3. Sumptuously Orgasmic- These artisan crafted jams, jellies, chutneys and pepper sauces are tasty, spicy, goes with everything and a great addition to basically any dish you could think of. If you anything about me, you know exactly which of these (PEPPER SAUCE) is my favourite. I’m that person that cooks with peppers and then adds more pepper to their food because, well, what’s food without pepper?
Since SO came into my life I’ve gained a pepper sauce for every occassion, my eggs for breakfast, that macaroni pie for lunch and that roti and bodi for dinner- COVERED, literally! My latest find in the Tomato Chutney is the perfect combo of sweet and savoury so that I can add excitement to really just about anything i eat.
4. Teaspott- As an avid tea and coffee drinker, finding a local tea company is heaven sent! I drink tea(or coffee) for everything, stressed? Tea! Happy? Tea! Sleepy? Tea! Hungry? Tea! Fed up of every one and everything? Definitely TEA! And TeaSpott is fueling my hot beverage obsession over and over again with the super wide array of teas. I usually try 5 new ones every time just because there’s so many to choose from and I still haven’t found a favourite because truthfully, I love all.
If you have a hot beverage addiction like me, then you’ve just found your new favourites. You’re welcome!
5. SavonArt Scentsations- More skincare? You bet your ass it is! But right now the SavonArt Scentsations lip scrub is an essential in my stash. I have dry skin and unfortunately this translates to my lips so a regular scrub is a must. A couple nights a week just before bed I apply the scrub, rub it in, get my scrub on, then wipe it off and apply a bit of Vaseline Lip Therapy after. Needless to say for the next few days those things are super kissable AND they come in various (delicious) scents/flavours like Margarita lime, Watermelon, Butter Cream, Papaya. If you’re looking to add some lip care into your skin routine, this is the perfect place to start!